Sunday, August 12, 2012


 Curraghmore House in Kilcormac
 Ballylevin House in Killeigh
 Home of Cecil and Jacinta Cox in Killeigh

August 11, 2012 - After dropping off the Kinne clan, Sheila, Marcia, Paddy, and Denise at Shannon Airport, the rest of the group headed to Trim for two days.  On the way, we visited the Curraghmore House in Kilcormac, where our Great Great Grandmother Susan Whitfield was born on January 1, 1801.  We met the current owner, Hugh Gleason, who is not related.  He has a dairy farm.  We then visited Ballylevin House that was owned by the Cox family for many years - sold several years ago.  The Cox family are descends of Susan Whitfield.  We stopped at Cecil and Jacinta Cox's home, which is next to Ballylevin House, but there were in London visiting their daughter Tara and attending the Olympics.   Cecil is a fourth cousin.  Kevin

2 comments:

  1. My name is Barbara Whitfield. Susan Whitfield referenced in your post is my 2nd great grand aunt. My branch of the family is descended from her brother James. My grandfather John Pratt Whitfield came to the US in 1912. Thus, we have little heritage in the US. I have a family tree on Ancestry UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have given you my email address bfwhit@sbcglobal.net. We have a picture of the original house that is one story and much older. I couldn't figure out how to attach to this site for you to see. I think Susan & James were born in the old original house. This house looks much to modern to me for 1801.

    ReplyDelete